NORMAN D. ALVY, Of Counsel, has specialized in the areas of construction law, government contracts, and surety law for more than thirty-five years. He is a graduate of Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, and the State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, its Municipal Law Section and its Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section. He has written numerous articles concerning the construction law field and is a member of several contractor and building associations in the New York metropolitan area. Mr. Alvy is also counsel to the Queens and Bronx Building Association and is the co-author of the well-known Monograph entitled “Mechanic’s Liens” issued by the New York State Bar Association, Desk Book and Form Book. He was a founding partner in Alvy & Tablante and was head of the commercial litigation and construction law group at Ficara & Associates, P.C.
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Claims
- Appellate Practice
- Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- B.S. Industrial and Labor Relations
- State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D.
- State of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York